The Republican Welfare State
Why we need tax subsidies to be included alongside traditional spending in the annual budget process.
In the link above, Christopher Faricy covers these five topics:
- “The divided welfare state is a partisan phenomenon”
- “The GOP hands out "free stuff" for the same reason as Democrats”
- “Private social welfare is a Trojan horse for upward redistribution”
- “Republicans pair social tax subsidies for the rich with public spending cuts for the poor”
- “The total US welfare state is huge, but it’s not targeted at the needy”
This article addresses some very important topics about our political system that are important to take note of.